Thursday, November 5, 2009

Writing Update

I stayed up until midnight last night writing. It was great. I haven't had any time to write the last couple of days, and I needed to have a few hours of quiet. I wrote a short story and started outlining a play. I've been working on my books for quite a while and need to create some drama again.
This weekend we are starting work on the musical, and I am excited about it. I've wanted to write a musical for a long time, and this idea has had several different forms over the years. I think the team working on it will make it great. We all bring something to the project, and it's going to be a lot of fun. We've been discussing the idea of filming it first as a musical movie, but making it very easy to adapt to the stage. It's going to be a really fun project.
I submitted two of my plays to Playscripts yesterday. They published my other script, so I'm hoping they might like one or both of these. I really like this company. They're easy to work with and the final product is really nice. They're also economical for directors, which is important these days.
I love starting new projects, but the time between is rough. I have a lot of ideas right now, and it is hard to focus on just one.
That's my writing update. I'm having a creative period and trying to enjoy every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment