Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thoughts about age

I've been thinking about age lately. A lot of my friends are turning 30 or getting close to it, and they complain and worry about it constantly. I'll be 29 soon, but I don't have the same fear that my friends seem to have. To me, age is just a number and how you feel is much more important. When I was a teenager and into my early twenties, I felt old. I was tired and depressed and very pessimistic. Some days I feel like I wasted that time, but usually I am able to see it as a catalyst for the growth of my character. It had to be the way it was, or I wouldn't be where I am today.
These days, I feel young. I don't feel 29. I enjoy life more than I used to and I have a surplus of creative ideas. I feel great. I feel like my thirties are going to be great because I know who I am and what is important.
I've always loved the elderly. I love talking to them and hearing their stories. I think it must be amazing to have lived so long and have known so many people and done so many things. I'm not afraid of growing old. I know it won't always be pleasant, but it will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment