Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fulfillment

For the last two nights my students have been performing The Wizard of Oz, and they were fabulous. It makes me think about how amazing it is to have a job that is completely fulfilling. Seeing how much the kids loved being in the show and just the amazing energy of the performance nights, make me realize how much I love my job. Middle school is no picnic, and it hasn't always been easy, but it's always worth it.
I finished my novel for NaNoWriMo, and I'm pretty proud of myself. It's a freeing experience to just write without judging yourself, and I got a story written that I've been working on in my head for over a year. I'm going to do another revision on my other book and possibly start querying a couple agents. I can't ever stop working, and I am determined to get at least one of my books published.
I guess I'm just feeling really fulfilled creatively and happy with my life in general. Life is good, and I'm excited for the next projects. I'm extremely lucky to have everything I have, and sometimes it's good to just acknowledge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment