Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A New Script

This is a good time for me, creatively. I'm finishing up a new one-act. I started writing it for my middle schoolers, but it didn't seem like a good fit for them. So, I dusted off Don't Eat the Fish Sticks, and it is working very well for my students. It was a good decision, but I didn't want to abandon the other script. It's an idea I've been working on for a while, and I want to finish it.

The first draft is almost done. I spent a few hours working on it yesterday and added a little more today. I like it. It definitely needs some revision - and an ending (the hardest part), but I like where it's going. Once I have a complete first draft, I'll do my first revision, which always involves making sure that there is a comedic bit in every scene. Audiences love to laugh, and I make it my goal to entertain with each script.

Revisions don't take a lot of time. There is not a lot of depth or intrigue to my scripts. They're made to entertain middle schoolers and their families. Make it funny. Make it over the top. Those are my goals.

I really love writing plays. Realism is not my style. I like it when impossible things happen. Theater is a perfect match.


No comments:

Post a Comment