Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The IUD Rollercoaster

I had an IUD put in a while ago, and while they did give me literature on it, they really didn't make it clear that it would turn me into a psychotic, emotional disaster. The newest side effect was intensely painful cramps which came on suddenly and made it impossible to stand or walk. As a mom of two incredibly active kids, this is not okay. It was really scary, but they did eventually pass. I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it and also what kind of things it is doing to my body. It all feels very unnatural.
It's starting to affect my daily life. Some days I cannot control my mood swings and I get bent out of shape by the smallest things. Not good for a mom or someone who works with middle schoolers. I didn't expect these kinds of side effects, and I'm hoping they will wear off after a while. I don't feel like myself. I feel like I'm pregnant only without the benefit of a baby. The whole point is to not get pregnant again, and I don't want to experience the pregnancy symptoms either.
This blog is supposed to be about my writing, but some things need to be purged from my soul. I can't write or do anything I normally would when I am curled up in a ball crying or freaking out because someone at work said I was stressed out. It makes me feel like I'm crazy, and I hate feeling that out of control. I really hope it is the IUD and not just my sanity diminishing.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I know how the hormones can be after I had Gordon I totally lost it for like a year....I am emotional without the extra hormones. Turns out I couldn't even handel birth control so we just had to use the old fashioned remove the penis before she blows method! As far as your writing this is real..it's who you are and what you feel it's your amazing life and it's great that you have the SANITY to let it all out. Call me whenever u want to talk..you can even be psycho to me...hehe! Besides I've cometo decide that sanity is defined upon a daily basis and everchanging like the world.

    ReplyDelete