Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Saying goodbye to fear

I find fear fascinating. Fear controls so much of who we are and what we do. I'm an extremely fearful person. I'm afraid of spiders, heights, interactions with people, people not liking me, etc. Writing and theatre are the two areas of my life where I refuse to be fearful. I think it's because I love doing both and want to do them for the rest of my life. Neither are things where you can be afraid of rejection. I'm learning to just say F-it and let people think what they will. You can't make everyone like you. This is something I have struggled with my entire life and am just barely starting to accept. I've spent a long time trying to make everyone like me and feeling like no does. I'm not doing that anymore. I am who I am. I do what I do. I write what I write.

1 comment:

  1. Wow sister..you r so right on! The most important thing is to love who we are and embrace it! I've also spent alot of time trying to perfect my image for others but I always find that when I just be myself I am the happiest! Love the skin and mind your in is one of my new philosophies on life!

    ReplyDelete