Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Step Closer

Today, I finally had an agent request the first fifty pages of my novel, and though I know it is far from a sure thing, I am excited beyond belief. I can't help but get my hopes up. Yesterday, I had a couple small successes, and it was also the day I queried this agent. I kind of hope that yesterday's good karma is still working for me. I feel like I've been too lucky already and this won't happen. Of course part of me is also dreaming of a future as a successful writer. 
No matter what happens, I feel like this is a step closer to my goal. It's a new experience, and I'm sure I will learn something from it. Of course, there is the slightest chance that I will get an agent and sell my book.
I'm so excited I'm shaking. This is something I do not usually allow myself to feel. I always feel like it won't happen if I get excited or hope for it. There is no way for me to avoid the excitement this time. After so many rejection letters, most of them an impersonal form letter, to have someone write me a personal and positive letter and ask to see more makes me happy beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment